WHO WE ARE
The Buncrana Golf Club has been in existence since 1890 and was formerly known as Buncrana Municipal Golf Club. In 1944 after the Buncrana Urban District Council purchased the property from the then English Landowner, the property was put in the trust of the Buncrana Municipal Golf Committee for the purpose of making Golf facilities available to the local community.
The Buncrana Municipal Golf Club was affiliated to the Golfing Union of Ireland in 1951 and in 1995 the name of the club was changed to the Buncrana Golf Club.
The committee are in the process of researching the history of the golf course and history would show that golf was first played in the early 1800’s, which would make the club the oldest 9-hole links golf club in Ireland.